Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fort Worth; So Much More Than Just "Cowboys and Culture"


Whether you are new to the city or a native Fort Worthian, 'Fort Worth's Finest' is your one stop, go-to for everything you need to know about the quintessential FW lifestyle. From Happy Hour spots to upcoming events, 'Fort Worth's Finest' has you covered.

Fort Worth brings a unique blend of Texas hospitality and contemporary culture. Although it was once known as "Where the West Begins", it is now quickly becoming a place to begin new endeavors. The past few years have been monumental in paving the way for a new up and coming city vibe and Fort Worth is now buzzing with opportunity.



As for me, I found my way to Fort Worth by way of Texas Christian University, like many newcomers do, and I couldn't be happier that I did. As a Chicago native, I feared the culture shock in my transition to Texas, but Fort Worth has truly a breath of fresh air. I thought I'd have to (permanently) trade my heels for cowboy boots, but truthfully, I have been pleasantly surprised. In the four short years that I have lived in Fort Worth, this city has transformed seemingly overnight into a place anyone would be proud to call home. It is so much more than the "Cowboys and Culture" it is so famously known by and continues to grow in popularity among new college grads from across the country.


Most recently, downtown Fort Worth was named the #1 of the 2014 Top 10 Best Downtowns in the country by Livability. One of the many wonderful things about Fort Worth is that it has the big city feel without the big city traffic. There is always so much going on, however, it never feels crowded. Coming from Chicago, this has been a refreshing change from the Windy City hustle and bustle. Although people are flocking from all over to see what Fort Worth has to offer, it is easy to get around and there are minimal lines at restaurants and shops.

How could something so great continues to grow even better? From the Magnolia Ave. Strip to the West 7th corridor, there seem to be new restaurants and shops sprouting up every day. I hope Fort Worth's Finest can be the first place you check to hear about all the new up and coming finds in Fort Worth as well as the hidden gems that you might not have seen!

Wherever you may be in your life: a recent college grad or an established professional, Fort Worth has something for you.

For more updates on upcoming posts and more

  • Twitter: @_FWFinest
  • Facebook: Fort Worth's Finest
  • Pinterest: Fort Worth's Finest
  • Instagram: FWFinest




Platform Push:

For my first multiplatform post, I composed a background explaining whom I am and what I aim to accomplish from the blog. As for the push, I feel it would be most effective to reach my audience by sharing it via Facebook the night before the blog post. I already have an established audience within my friends on Facebook and I could encourage them to share it as well. Through posting it on Facebook, I could post an engaging photo and a little synopsis of what the blog is about. This will be the quickest way to advertise my blog with both a photo and a link to my blog to establish an audience. I also created a twitter account (@_FWFinest) that I will grow an audience with time. The goal is to have twitter updates scrolling on the home page of the blog itself to further incorporate interaction between the audience and the page. This will also be another platform that I can use to push my blog posts.

No comments :

Post a Comment